How to get rid of Cough INSTANTLY and NATURALLY
Who love to cough again and again…which causes so much discomfort in breathing and consumes all our energy in coughing. And more than that… it makes us pinpointed when we sit in a group and cough ☹. But Coughing is a reflex that keeps our throat and airways clear. Although it can be annoying, coughing helps our body heal or to protect itself. Now… How to treat cough with home remedies ? How to calm the cough immediately with natural remedies for cough?
What are the immediate home remedies for Cough?
Here are the 10 best natural remedies for cough that helps you to get rid of it easily
1. Clove to control cough immediately:
“The best Natural remedy” for cough and sore throat caused due to cold and allergy. Cove is the best medicine to boost the immunity when suffering with severe cough. Clove contains phenolic compounds such as gallic acid and eugenol which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. Cloves clears the enzymatic flow and helps in good digestion.
How to use clove for cough?
1. Clove works as a perfect expectorant (Which expels the sputum) when taken or chewed along with little common salt.
2. A burnt clove is also a good remedy for irritating and continuous cough
2. Honey and Ginger for immediate congestion relief:
Ginger and Honey mixture is one of the best natural remedy to get relief from cough immediately. This combination will sooth the sore throat, cold and cough caused by common cold.
Ginger, because of its compound called phenyl alkyl ketones (a gingerol) which is having anti-microbial properties, help to cure cold and fight against infections whereas honey with it’s good anti-inflammatory properties along with anti-microbial properties to sooth the sore throat. Both Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger help in boosting immunity.
Dried ginger powder has good anti-rhino-viral activity to fight against Rhinoviruses which is the actual reason for Common cold. Ginger has good anti-histamine properties fight against throat decongestion.
How to use Honey and ginger to treat Cough?
1. Add 1 T Spoon of raw ginger extract and add 1 T Spoon of Honey in 250 ml of warm to hot water and take 2 to 3 cups of this a day. You can start seeing the relief from very 1st cup of this combination.
2. For immediate relief, take half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder and mix it with honey. The mixture shouldn’t be watery. This can be given to children too if they are above 2 years age.
3. Mint leaves & Honey as a remedy for cough :
Mint leaves are good remedy for the cough and cold caused due to cold weather or weather change. Honey is having good anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Mint leaves will give a cooling effect to throat that has suffered from cough and honey sooth to cure it completely.
How to take mint leaves and Honey for Cough and Cold?
Take 1 hand full of mint leaves in a bowl with approximately 150 ML water. Boil it for 10 minutes by keeping a lid on the vessel. After 10 minutes filter the extract and take that in to a cup. Add 1 T spoon of honey to it. Allow it to cool from boiling hot to warm. Stir them well and drink it like water when it acceptably warm.
4. Basil leaves (or) Tulasi leaves to keep the cough away:
The Indian holy plant that is praised and worshiped due to its divine and amazing health benefits. It has antibacterial, antispasmodic, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antioxidant, antiviral, carminative, a circulatory stimulant, diaphoretic, digestive, emmenagogue, expectorant, febrifuge, galactagogue, nervine and sedative. That is why everyone should have this plant at home as an emergency home remedy for all kinds of illness. For cough as an expectorant and sedative it makes you sleep better at night if you take it before going to sleep.
How to take basil leaves for cough ?
1. Take 1 hand full of freshly picked basil leaves. Wash them with water. Eat that directly and chew it slowly until it releases the juice entirely. Do not drink water or eat anything for 20 to 30 minutes to make the basil do its duty.
2. Take a handful of basil leaves. Wash them with water. Put them directly in 150 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes. Filter the extract and cool it till it become warm. Now drink the extract directly for 3 times a day.
3. Make the basil leaves dry under sunlight for 2 days. Make that 2 powder. Take 2 pinches of it in your tea or in a cup of hot water for better and immediate relief from cough and cold.
I would say eating the leaves directly is the best method for many medical benefits. When you chew them it works as an anti-bacterial to mouth and helps to avoid bad odor problem
5. Gargle with turmeric powder and salt to get rig of irritating cough:
This combination works as good expectorant and relieves from mucus if you gargle turmeric power with little salt in warm water. Turmeric as an anti-microbial agent, works to cure any infection that is causing the cough while warm water give soothing effect.
6. Thyme tea for seasonal cough:
Thyme tea is another best remedy to treat cough and to clear the congestion. You can get thyme tea bags in any stores just like green tea bags. Prepare a decotion adding 2 tea bags to 300 ml boiling water. Cool it to consumable temperature and gargle with it. You can either drink 2 cups of it morning and evening regularly to avoid seasonal cough and cold.
7. Pepper with Milk for cough with throat infection :
One remedy that usually strike to our mind when we get throat infection. Throat infection or sore throat is the initial stage of sever cough. So, to stop it before it drastically take out your energy while coughing… control it with pepper and milk intake.
How to take pepper and milk for Cough:
Take 8 to 9 pepper balls and make them to powder. Add that to a 250 ml hot cup of milk. Drink it slowly having sip by sip. This will give time to release the formulation of pepper to milk with the heat.
8. Pine apple juice for continuous cough:
This is many people’s favorite fruit due to its a taste and flavor. Pineapple helps to relieve us from cough and cold due to it’s anti-inflammatory property of the compound called bromalin present in it. Bromalin will dilute the mucus and helps to expel it. It will help to reduce the inflammation in allergic conditions like bronchial asthma. Caught and congestion related to sinusitis also can be cure by pineapple.
How to take pineapple for Cough?
There is no restriction to take pineapple ?. You can either take it as juice or whole fruit. The only thing is… it should be taken freshly as the freshly cut pineapple will have more Bromalin content.
Related Topics: Natural Sources of VITAMIN-C for treating cold.
9. Mushroom soup with salt and pepper with unpleasant cough:
Who doesn’t love having soup when they are suffering with lack of energy due to sever cough. It is one fun filled tasty remedy to treat cough and cold. Mushrooms are surprisingly beneficial to boost the immunity and prevents the cold and flu during winter. Pepper will prevent the cough and help to relieve from sore throat. Taking mushrooms with salt and pepper as soup will keep you happy from cough and cold in that way.
It is one of the best natural remedy for cough that is 50 times sweeter than sugar but works effectively for cough and cold. From years… Main use of Licorice roots is to treat respiratory problems like bronchitis, sore throat and allergies related to respiratory system. Licorice tea is used for to relieve tickling and itching sensation in throat and upper chest that is often the trigger for coughing.
Note: Licorice has many side effects if you take it in more quantities or above permissible level. As per the studies…Side effects includes headaches, fatigue, high blood pressure, water retention and heart attacks etc… So, consider this as last option to treat cough. Strictly do not give it to children and infants.
Hey… Found it Interesting… Then please subscribe for more interesting topics LIKE this here
Take care and get well soon…